Used 1995 Toyota Tercel DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Tercel

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:

Best car I ever owned
By Cheryl

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a second skin. Bought it with 30K miles in 2006 from a little old lady who only drove it on Sunday. It looks and drives like brand new. My mechanic replaced the (age-cracked original) tires and (original) battery and (original) filters and (original) timing/fan belts and flushed the cooling system, then told me it will last me the rest of my life with proper maintenance since I rarely drive. It has much better pick-up than my 1988(?) 2.3 liter economy Mustang hatchback had, and much better mileage too with less road noise and best of all nothing is broken on this, not even the heater core that leaked 3 times on the Mustang before I just left the thing in a junkyard.

Favorite Features

The standard factory speakers perform as well as custom replacements costing hundreds. I replaced the cassette stereo with a Sony CD player and put a 200w 12" sealed enclosure subwoofer in the trunk and now this car sounds like a symphony hall. Just put the balance forward 2dB.

Suggested Improvements

The road noise is annoying. Every economy car has that problem.

My baby is gone.
By LauraLee

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

This car was a $2000 gift from a relative while I was in college. It was bought at 94,000 miles. The previous owners never changed the Transmission fluid, and I was told it had formed a sludge so thick that changing it now would destroy the car. I didn't think it would last a month, but that car became my life. It took me all over the U.S. and to every beach you could imagine. I drove to de- stress, for hours every night for years. I had it up to 376,280 miles when it was viciously murdered 12/21/2009. Someone had stolen my car keys and crashed my baby into a snow plow. I've been crying ever since. I'll never find another car that's only expenses were gas and oil changes. 376,280 miles...

Favorite Features

The fact that I couldn't seem to kill it, no matter how hard I drove it, how far, or how fast. It would take on mountains regularly without complaint, as I live and drive along the Blue Ridge. This car does not break down... I realized this 5 years ago somewhere around the 200,000 mile mark

Toyota
By Jonathan

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

Best car i have ever owned. bought with 240000 kilometers on it. sold with 350000. No problems at all. Tires and Brakes once, thats it. 50 canadian mpg!! Sold to a friend that still drives it with 425000!!!!

Favorite Features

Gas Milage, low maitenance. Whats not to like about this car

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!

Ninja Tercel
By bosshossinator

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

Tercel is a beast. I have 272,000+ miles in this machine and its still a hoss. Definitely never gonna die.

Favorite Features

Hole in muffler (still runs great). Manual trans. Same clutch and trans since I got it.

Suggested Improvements

V8 Twin turbocharged 4L engine. 6 speed manual. Racing tires. BRING IT BACK!

tercel 4dr
By sam

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

this car is very dependable and has great fuel economy. Air conditioning works well but sometimes get less power with it on high.

Favorite Features

size

Suggested Improvements

better storage space for change and other small items