1995 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
I Will Never Get Rid Of It
By t0y0ta_luvr on 10/14/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this brand new in 1995, a stick shift. The factory radio/cassette player has gone kaput 7 years ago, but I found a way around that. After 16 years @ 81,000 miles, it is still performing well like it's brand new. The thought of upgrading has crossed my mind plenty of times, but when I think of how reliable it has been all these years...39 miles per gallon too. It just can't be beat.

Awesome
By justin on 07/12/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

Unbelievable car. 248K+ on her yet runs like most cars with 60k. incredible cars, have only needed to recharge AC. highly recommend, 36-43 mpg mix city/highway. get one if you can, you'll thank me for it.

Best car I ever owned
By Cheryl on 02/04/10 06:25 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a second skin. Bought it with 30K miles in 2006 from a little old lady who only drove it on Sunday. It looks and drives like brand new. My mechanic replaced the (age-cracked original) tires and (original) battery and (original) filters and (original) timing/fan belts and flushed the cooling system, then told me it will last me the rest of my life with proper maintenance since I rarely drive. It has much better pick-up than my 1988(?) 2.3 liter economy Mustang hatchback had, and much better mileage too with less road noise and best of all nothing is broken on this, not even the heater core that leaked 3 times on the Mustang before I just left the thing in a junkyard.

My baby is gone.
By LauraLee on 12/27/09 20:57 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

This car was a $2000 gift from a relative while I was in college. It was bought at 94,000 miles. The previous owners never changed the Transmission fluid, and I was told it had formed a sludge so thick that changing it now would destroy the car. I didn't think it would last a month, but that car became my life. It took me all over the U.S. and to every beach you could imagine. I drove to de- stress, for hours every night for years. I had it up to 376,280 miles when it was viciously murdered 12/21/2009. Someone had stolen my car keys and crashed my baby into a snow plow. I've been crying ever since. I'll never find another car that's only expenses were gas and oil changes. 376,280 miles...

Best Car Ever
By blaiseglaze on 05/20/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

After having the 1996 version of this car, when I sold my 2000 Hyundai Sonata, I had to find another Tercel. This car is in need of minor repairs (wheel hub/bearings, CV 1/2 shaft, valve cover gasket), but that's to be expected. I'm sure it could use a tune up. It's still getting 33 mpg; I drive mostly highway. This car needs a name...

low-cost & reliable
By satisfied owner on 01/11/09 12:05 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

Bought for $6k in 1998 at 50k miles, now running at 130k miles. No repairs at all, not even a tune up, still getting 31 mpg (9 gal every 2 wks on a 20 miles/day fwy commute). Replaced battery once and tires twice. Oil changed every 15k miles. Low-speed acceleration seems good for a small car, but high-speed acceleration only so-so. Good climber, runs I-5 left lane through Grapevine. Recently starting to show its age - eating oil, brakes, last smog barely passed. Too bad they don't make this model anymore - would buy it if they had one.

The Best
By best toy on 09/06/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I need cruise control!! This car has so much pep I have to watch the speedometer to not speed. Best car I've ever owned. Has 158k of which I put on about 32k and no problems. One problem is struts seem to be a weakness. But I gladly have it fixed because so much else is right. About 35-45 mpg. Great handling. No major problems

If everything else was built like this
By MY PARTNER on 04/07/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I would like to introduce the world to my special partner "TercelLauren". She is a 1995 Toyota tercel, that has 231,000 plus miles as of 4/05/08. There were no parts replaced other than wear items. This car has never left me stranded, and in over 12 years of driving it, it only died out, but restarted right away. The culprit was too much water in the bad gas that I got from a El Cheapo gas station. I went to get a fill up of tier 1 gas, and that solved the problem, has not happened again. Older cars should be fed better gas (tier 1). I am very proud of my car, the design is understated and exudes class.

A great car for my family
By Toyota Fan on 03/25/08 04:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 Tercel in 2000, and it had 85K miles on it already. So far till as of now (March 2008) it has 178K miles on it. It runs great! No major problem. The only thing I changed are tires, breaks, battery. I changed oil every 3K miles. I might need to change timing belt and water pumper this month. Because of the potholes in Cleveland, I replaced the joint boots once. In order to reduce the cabin noise from engine, I replace the 13" wheel with 15" wheels with 195cm tires across, and it did reduced the noise quite a bit. I believe this car can go beyond 250K miles with my regular maintenance. I love the feature that I need key to open the gas cap. 48 MPG is my record so far.

The day my best friend died
By missing my friend on 03/21/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought a brand new Tercel after I got out of college. And last week after 13 years and 280k miles, she was driven into a cow by my husband. By accident. That car rocked! I swear, she would've gone another 150k. And who needed a hybrid? She got 35/40 with absolutely no pampering. No major mechanical issues. A few clutches (my fault, not hers) and normal maintenance. Totally noisy and not the coolest looking ride but I'll remember this car forever. We'll probably get like $20 from the insurance company but she was priceless.

1 2 3 4 5 next »