1994 Toyota Tercel Consumer Review: The Car That Gives Keeps Going

1994 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Review

The Car That Gives Keeps Going
By Annette on

1994 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

I have a 1994 Toyota Tercel. I bought it brand new - 14 YEARS AGO! I'm still driving it. The paint has faded & its not so pretty anymore, but it has last me many years. For the most part, the car has given me little trouble. Usually when I had a problem it was because I needed a new battery. At about 100,000 miles I had the motor rebuilt since I had a major oil leak. That was money well spent. The car still drives smooth & almost as quiet. My family used to laugh at me for driving the old car so long, but now are wanting to buy it from me with the cost of gas now, and knowing very soon I will be replacing it with another Toyota vehicle. I just hope Toyota make their cars like they use to. :)

No frills car but it's comfortable and reliable. It has a little clock in the dash board that has been helpful to get to work on time all these years.

The only improvement would probably be to add another coat of paint to prevent paint from fading. Paint on the car should hold up longer. Also, the covering on clutch has crumbled away.The material should be better.