1994 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
best for college students
By optimus on 05/14/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

How amazing it is seeing the fuel meter go slowly. I use this car to go to college and its amazing on how economical it is. Its a bit slow when full of people and cargo but when you are alone... let the good times roll. Is small to fit anywhere and it's reliable. Barely have mechanical problems with it.

DOA at 130K but it owed me nothing...
By yabby on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Bought at 43K and was DOA at 128K (it still runs but burns oil). The problem started as a bit of blue smoke on startup and it lost oil slowly (1/4 quart a week). In the space of a week it got much worse. My mechanic says that 1987-94 Tercel have this problem: piston ring/seals go, the only solution is a new engine. The 95 is a great car he says, it has a different engine. Don't expect this toyota to make 200K. Go for the 95, this 94 model is now too old to be reliable.

Great little car
By SirJohn on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought the car when it had 110K and in 6 months I added 10K more. It is probably the best investment I made in the past 3 years. The car is small but comfortable unless you are a very tall person (I am 5-9). I love the ergonomic seats and all of my friends were pleasantly surprised by the level of comfort in such a small car. I am also very satisfied how it performed during the winter. The only problem so far was that I have to add a quart of oil every 1000 miles. At least I know that the oil in my engine is always clean.