1993 Toyota Tercel Consumer Review: Amazing little car!

1993 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Review

DX Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Amazing little car!
By ibanezguitarist on

1993 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

I got this car used with about 118k on it, and drove it until someone plowed into the driver's side door at 55 MPH with a truck. From the beginning to the end I loved this car! The only thing I had to replace were the brake pads and the drivers side caliper which I did myself for about $150. My car burned a bit of oil, but nothing too bad, however it did receive poor fuel economy for a Tercel. I got about 22MPG. The car was also very well built! I was T boned at 55MPH on the drivers door and I walked away perfectly unharmed. The door even opened! But it didn't close - haha. There was also tons of storage room! I had no issue carting 3 guitars, 3 amps, a few suitcases, and 3 people around!

TONS of storage room for a little car, very comfortable bucket seats, quiet engine, smooth transmission!

I wish they had power windows, mirrors, and locks! ABS would be nice on all trims, as well as standard A/C. The engine was a bit slow to accelerate, but it still made it up to 110MPH for me! The cup holders could have been better too. Also, I have heard that many Tercels burn a bit of oil.