Used 1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:

Like the Energizer Bunny!
By Dave

1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Great on Fuel. Bought it 5 yrs ago at 225,000 km. It now has 366,000 km. No Smoke and no Oil Leaks. Still Runs Strong. Needs new rocker panels due to rust-out, and rust spots above rear wheel arches, the A-pillars and window frames. Needs another cat converter to pass emissions test (put a cheaper one in 2 years ago and it passed test very well.

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy with 5-speed. Gets 40+ Imperial MPG no matter how hard we drive it!

Suggested Improvements

A/C as standard equipment would be ideal. Also manual lumbar support in driver's seat.

I would buy it again. I loved this car
By susan a

1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Dependable, sound and easy made the car my favorite of all autos I have owned.

Favorite Features

Dependability. I paid off my loan in three years and drove free for 11 years. It gave me few repair expenses. Last a long time.

Suggested Improvements

Body and interior design. I like manual windows because no problems to repair. When these power things go bad it is a problem. Don't change to power windows.

Amazing little car!
By ibanezguitarist

1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I got this car used with about 118k on it, and drove it until someone plowed into the driver's side door at 55 MPH with a truck. From the beginning to the end I loved this car! The only thing I had to replace were the brake pads and the drivers side caliper which I did myself for about $150. My car burned a bit of oil, but nothing too bad, however it did receive poor fuel economy for a Tercel. I got about 22MPG. The car was also very well built! I was T boned at 55MPH on the drivers door and I walked away perfectly unharmed. The door even opened! But it didn't close - haha. There was also tons of storage room! I had no issue carting 3 guitars, 3 amps, a few suitcases, and 3 people around!

Favorite Features

TONS of storage room for a little car, very comfortable bucket seats, quiet engine, smooth transmission!

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had power windows, mirrors, and locks! ABS would be nice on all trims, as well as standard A/C. The engine was a bit slow to accelerate, but it still made it up to 110MPH for me! The cup holders could have been better too. Also, I have heard that many Tercels burn a bit of oil.

Still Running Smoothly
By mb80110

1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

110,000 miles and only one new battery, one new waterpump, two new sets of tires. No other expenses besides oil changes. Car continues to run smoothly and dependably and handles nicely. I run cars into the ground and expect this to last another 5 years or more. Love the car.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage. Exterior and interior still in beautiful condition. Handles great especially around corners.

Suggested Improvements

Perfect interior size for short person (I'm 5 feet) but too small for a tall person (son is 6'1 and with 14EEEE feet he's too big to drive the standard). Too bad it's no longer being produced.

Personal feeling about this car
By sandok

1993 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is the noblest car that I have had until now.

Suggested Improvements

Power steering on the DX version. This is a need, no luxury.