1993 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Wonderful Car.
By bridger987 on 08/30/12 20:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1993 Toyota Tercel in 2007, five years ago when I started college. Since then, it has never left me stranded at the side of the road (besides one blowout, which was my own fault). For a car that only produces 83 horsepower, it's incredibly fun to drive. I bought it at 22,900 miles, and it recently turned over to the 100,000 mark. In those five years, the only non-maintenance repair that I've had to make to the car is replacing the exhaust system. And that was after 19 years of the car living in the Northeastern US, where salt and harsh chemicals are sprayed on the roads in the winter. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something akin to the Energizer Bunny.

Should last forever
By Super Reliable on 06/30/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1995. I have 100K miles on it and have had no problems, mechanical or body. This car is a small tank and I expect it to last another 10 years. I paid $5000 for the car and recently was offered $3000 for it. When I sell this car, it will be for more than my original price. This car is so well built and is still very fuel efficient. It is a great car.

Still going strong in its 16th year
By Terckle on 02/16/09 16:01 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in December '93 just as a form of cheap transportation thinking I'd get another car after five years. I keep waiting for it to give up the ghost, but this car just keeps on going. I rarely need "major" repairs. Trans about six years ago, exhaust last year, brakes two years ago? In 15 years I needed to be jumped twice, but I never had a breakdown or needed to be towed. There's rust by the rear wheels and side view mirrors, and a puff of white exhaust when I start up. It's been dependable in 100+'F weather down to -50'F weather. I get 27 mpg (city), 38 mpg (hwy), and 33 mpg mixed. Overall it's a great dependable car.

reliable economy
By curtis1821 on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 182k miles and a 4spd. Abused little car, I put a new engine, heater blower motor, and cv joints. Since I put the new parts in I've not had any problems. The interior is too small for me (6'1") and the road noise is almost intollerable above 60mph. But 35mpg and dependability compensate a little

reliability
By Ndolyn on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

This was my first NEW car, has 160000 miles and 10 years later, it STILL starts up every morning without complaint. Wish it was sportier, but for me, reliability was the most important feature.

Short Lived
By Ti3m on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

Car has 100,000 miles and smokes. 4 speed transmission was a bad idea. At 75 mph it is screaming for death. I wasn't thinking when I bought it. They should never sell a dark green car with black interior. Smokin' Hot.