1993 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Wonderful Car.
By bridger987 on 08/30/12 20:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1993 Toyota Tercel in 2007, five years ago when I started college. Since then, it has never left me stranded at the side of the road (besides one blowout, which was my own fault). For a car that only produces 83 horsepower, it's incredibly fun to drive. I bought it at 22,900 miles, and it recently turned over to the 100,000 mark. In those five years, the only non-maintenance repair that I've had to make to the car is replacing the exhaust system. And that was after 19 years of the car living in the Northeastern US, where salt and harsh chemicals are sprayed on the roads in the winter. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something akin to the Energizer Bunny.

Like the Energizer Bunny!
By Dave on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel LE 4dr Sedan

Great on Fuel. Bought it 5 yrs ago at 225,000 km. It now has 366,000 km. No Smoke and no Oil Leaks. Still Runs Strong. Needs new rocker panels due to rust-out, and rust spots above rear wheel arches, the A-pillars and window frames. Needs another cat converter to pass emissions test (put a cheaper one in 2 years ago and it passed test very well.

I would buy it again. I loved this car
By susan a on 07/16/10 23:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

Dependable, sound and easy made the car my favorite of all autos I have owned.

Should last forever
By Super Reliable on 06/30/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1995. I have 100K miles on it and have had no problems, mechanical or body. This car is a small tank and I expect it to last another 10 years. I paid $5000 for the car and recently was offered $3000 for it. When I sell this car, it will be for more than my original price. This car is so well built and is still very fuel efficient. It is a great car.

A Great Economical Vehicle
By cd on 02/27/10 22:10 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car with 152,000 miles on it and I love it. I am a girl; but, I love fixing this car up. It's the most dependable vehicle and this 1993 model is super fast! It out races sports cars on the freeway. Has jump, great on gas, love it!

Missing my 1993 Toyota Tercel
By Mrs Sandra L on 12/14/09 17:27 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I owned this vehicle for 11 years. It was always dependable and great to drive it saved me lots of money on gas and it always got me to my destination. I love the 1993 Toyota Tercel stick shift and I plan to buy another one.

Amazing little car!
By ibanezguitarist on 04/11/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

I got this car used with about 118k on it, and drove it until someone plowed into the driver's side door at 55 MPH with a truck. From the beginning to the end I loved this car! The only thing I had to replace were the brake pads and the drivers side caliper which I did myself for about $150. My car burned a bit of oil, but nothing too bad, however it did receive poor fuel economy for a Tercel. I got about 22MPG. The car was also very well built! I was T boned at 55MPH on the drivers door and I walked away perfectly unharmed. The door even opened! But it didn't close - haha. There was also tons of storage room! I had no issue carting 3 guitars, 3 amps, a few suitcases, and 3 people around!

Still going strong in its 16th year
By Terckle on 02/16/09 16:01 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in December '93 just as a form of cheap transportation thinking I'd get another car after five years. I keep waiting for it to give up the ghost, but this car just keeps on going. I rarely need "major" repairs. Trans about six years ago, exhaust last year, brakes two years ago? In 15 years I needed to be jumped twice, but I never had a breakdown or needed to be towed. There's rust by the rear wheels and side view mirrors, and a puff of white exhaust when I start up. It's been dependable in 100+'F weather down to -50'F weather. I get 27 mpg (city), 38 mpg (hwy), and 33 mpg mixed. Overall it's a great dependable car.

reliable economy
By curtis1821 on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 182k miles and a 4spd. Abused little car, I put a new engine, heater blower motor, and cv joints. Since I put the new parts in I've not had any problems. The interior is too small for me (6'1") and the road noise is almost intollerable above 60mph. But 35mpg and dependability compensate a little

The best car I've ever had
By Tammy tercel on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

This car is the most reliable car you will ever come across.