1992 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
! R E L I A B L E !
By TercelGuy on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought the car in the spring of 1996 and put 60,000 miles on it, ytd. The engine is gold, having gone to AZ and TX a number of times from NYC. She still purrs to this day with 92,000 miles, and craves to be tossed around the streets. Although small, and not meant for six footers (me), it's a playful car that loves to run around with its 4 speed manual trans. and manual steering. With no frills, this car is built like a rock and has often times given me 42 MPG. Not a single rattle can be heard, earning her a special place in my heart.

It's about time
By 100 miler on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I've only had this vehicle a few days now, but I travel 100 miles one way to work each day totaling 1000 miles a week. I bought several other cars and ended up having to sell them because of them being junk. Finally, a great car for something to chew-up miles with. By the way, this 1992 model only had 33k when purchased in Mar 03.

Ah!!! Toyota
By One-and-Only on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

What can I say. At 215,000 miles, this baby rocks! Lately, it been burning a little smoke. Probably needs rings. But at 215k miles, with the original engine, transmission, and just about everything original, except the tires, I guess its time for something to break. Especially given the way I drive... "Hard" I am a Toyota Fanatic. I now own a Toyota Previa (4WD), and lately bought a Lexus SC400 (Another Toyota Product). But I still love my little Tercel, and can't imagine parting with her.

good transportation
By ufgrad on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

This car has a very reliable engine, and it is a good no frills car for someone who just wants reliable transportation

I got a lemon
By David Swann on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

When I took the car in to have an oil leak fixed on it (it was leaking from the exterior oil pump) the mechanic found out that the timing was adjusted wrong and he adjusted it correct. Then the car would not run well, it had no compression and no power. I had a valve job done on it and then it was burning 1 quart of oil every 100 miles. I then put rings in it and noticed it was still burning oil. It was burning it every 1,500 miles. The cylinder walls were out of shape and oil was getting by them.

Wow what a value
By Nasta on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I love this car and after ten years I can assure you that it has proven the best investment I made. Great fuel mileage, great driving and the car is so fast in traffic that I rather drive this and let the hubby take the SUV. Any purhases like a set of tires and it sets you back only what others are paying for one tire. Totally awsome, econimical way to go. At 151K and still going They sure know how to build a Toyota.