1992 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Great Car!!!
By timmy3005 on 08/21/12 22:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

First off i have had this Car for 2 years, and it is great! I got it for 2000$ with 92000 miles, it has 109000 now. Nothing bad that i could ever say about it. It gets 32 MPG. I would like to point out that what "histrclgenius" said in the previous review is not true, we'll about all Tercel's anyway. Mine has never burned oil. Mine gets way better MPG than my Grandmas 2001 Corolla. As far as handling, it handles like a Toyota. lol. But don't let what he said effect your decision, its great little car for getting around town, or trips if your Family is small. I went to New York in it, on about 130$ of gas overall, and that was about 1200 miles both way. So don't be afraid, its a great car!!!

It's about time
By 100 miler on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I've only had this vehicle a few days now, but I travel 100 miles one way to work each day totaling 1000 miles a week. I bought several other cars and ended up having to sell them because of them being junk. Finally, a great car for something to chew-up miles with. By the way, this 1992 model only had 33k when purchased in Mar 03.

Ah!!! Toyota
By One-and-Only on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

What can I say. At 215,000 miles, this baby rocks! Lately, it been burning a little smoke. Probably needs rings. But at 215k miles, with the original engine, transmission, and just about everything original, except the tires, I guess its time for something to break. Especially given the way I drive... "Hard" I am a Toyota Fanatic. I now own a Toyota Previa (4WD), and lately bought a Lexus SC400 (Another Toyota Product). But I still love my little Tercel, and can't imagine parting with her.

good transportation
By ufgrad on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

This car has a very reliable engine, and it is a good no frills car for someone who just wants reliable transportation