1992 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Environmental Hazard on Wheels
By histrclgenius on 07/03/12 13:45 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I purchased this used with 106k miles. It was to replace my 1984 corolla. I don't see many improvements in the 8 years. In fact, the 1984 was superior with better suspension and fuel economy. That being said, it is extremely reliable and for the money, is an incredible value. The engine burns more oil than a rebel attack on a Nigerian pipeline - I add one quart every 400 miles. This issue is prevalent according to other owners I spoken with but doesn't seem to affect performance or longevity. So, if you can deal with a fog of blue smoke every morning, riding around with a 5 quart bottle of 10w-40 as your passenger and serial condescending glances, this is the car for you.

92 tercel 298,000 miles 4 on the floor!
By ripper on 02/26/10 14:18 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

This is an awesome little fuel saver. it has 298,000 miles on it and runs like a little champ. it has the 4 spd. manual trans. (which I love!!) gets about 37 mpg!! and is very peppy. If there ever was a perfect car...this one is very close.

Built to last
By Toyota Tercel 2dr co on 02/28/09 10:37 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for almost a week now and have to say that this car, (my third) was by far the best investment choice I made. With $20, I filled up the tank and I'm set for the week. The mpg is by far superb and combined with the manual transmission factor, coming up with gas money is the least of my worries. My T-cel drives surprisingly smooth for a car that has 125,000+ Mi. The interior is no frills but takes me to where I need to go efficiently and with ease. This is my first Toyota and would recommend this car to anyone.

Can't be beat for less $
By Matt on 01/29/06 03:09 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

If you're looking for a cheap car that you never have to worry about, look no further. It has absolutely no features, but runs like a champ. In the 3 years ive had one, ive put over 30,000 miles on it. At 140,000 miles, i have put a total of onlt $60 into it for repairs. While it may not be the safest car, it is by far the most economical vehicle i have ever driven. It's my second vehicle, used mainly for backup, but its nice to know that no matter what, the tercel will always start and never give me a problem. If you aren't worried about luxury, the tercel is the perfect car. It will never let you down and you will have it as long as you want. they never die. recommended to anyone.

Great little car
By Cheryl on 04/13/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 13 years and it's been an awesome vehicle. Very dependable, extremely economical to drive. If I could be guaranteed another car exactly like this one, I'd buy it in a minute. It's not luxurious but for practicality, it can't be beat. I averaged about 36 mpg and very few major repairs. It'll break my heart when it's time to get a new one. But after 137,000+, it'll be time to part company soon, I'm afraid.

! R E L I A B L E !
By TercelGuy on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought the car in the spring of 1996 and put 60,000 miles on it, ytd. The engine is gold, having gone to AZ and TX a number of times from NYC. She still purrs to this day with 92,000 miles, and craves to be tossed around the streets. Although small, and not meant for six footers (me), it's a playful car that loves to run around with its 4 speed manual trans. and manual steering. With no frills, this car is built like a rock and has often times given me 42 MPG. Not a single rattle can be heard, earning her a special place in my heart.

I got a lemon
By David Swann on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

When I took the car in to have an oil leak fixed on it (it was leaking from the exterior oil pump) the mechanic found out that the timing was adjusted wrong and he adjusted it correct. Then the car would not run well, it had no compression and no power. I had a valve job done on it and then it was burning 1 quart of oil every 100 miles. I then put rings in it and noticed it was still burning oil. It was burning it every 1,500 miles. The cylinder walls were out of shape and oil was getting by them.

Wow what a value
By Nasta on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I love this car and after ten years I can assure you that it has proven the best investment I made. Great fuel mileage, great driving and the car is so fast in traffic that I rather drive this and let the hubby take the SUV. Any purhases like a set of tires and it sets you back only what others are paying for one tire. Totally awsome, econimical way to go. At 151K and still going They sure know how to build a Toyota.