1991 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
reliable no frills
By Zig on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

Have had my Tercel for five years with almost zero trips to the mechanic. Its peppy and easy to drive. The only problem I've had is with the AC. I replaced several of the major parts and it still does not blow cold air.

good and cheap
By jimbo1234 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

bought new in 91. I learned to drive a stick shift with it. My wife learned on it 5 years later. At 140,000 I replaced the clutch. At 170,000 it runs perfect.

I love my 'peppy' little Tercel!
By Tom Palmer on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Tercel back in 1996 with about 40,000 miles on it. It never saw a shop until this year (2002) and only to replace the starter, and the AC. It is zipping past 130,000 miles with no major problems. It never lets me down.

Pretty good
By AJ91 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

For a car that was so cheap new, it has been awfuly good. Not once have I been to the mechanic for unscheduled maintenance. BUT- it does get very musty and gross in wet weather, at 110000 miles after being taken care of excellently, it is definitely falling apart. But i cannot complain that i have never spent a cent fixing the car i paid under $7k for 11 years ago.

The best car I have ever owned.
By Juancho on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this bare bones model because as a student, I could not afford any other new car in the market that I could trust. I felt confident that by buying a new Toyota I should not have to worry about expensive fixes for the next five years (enough time to finish college and get a paying job). I finish five years of engineering school, a two year masters degree program, and started to work before the car ever saw a mechanic. It has been eleven years now and the car has now endured a wife and two kids. It still runs great!