1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Wow, Tercel was the best in 1991
By Leroy on 01/02/10 07:31 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had a great experience owning a slightly used 1991 toyota tercel. Never a problem with it it just keep on rolling down the freeway. at 143,000 miles I became skittish and traded in for an American model boy was that a mistake. I wish I still owned it it was a great commuter with 32 mpg for 5 years.

Doesn't Get Any Better
By oggie3 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I'm an owner of a Cadillac Escalade. The reason I purchased the Tercel was to reduce the mileage on my Cadillac. This vehicle is extremely reliable. It is fun to drive and with over 123K miles I still get over 31mpg. It doesn't get any better than this. This car was built to run and boy does it run. Great second, third or any number you choose as an additional car. If you can get one, buy one.

dependable car
By kautza on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a dependable vehicle that I used alternately with my teenagers (3 learned how to drive on this buggy). It's just now beginning to use oil with 145,000 miles on it. 30 mpg in town and 40+ on the road. No mechanical problems.

good and cheap
By jimbo1234 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

bought new in 91. I learned to drive a stick shift with it. My wife learned on it 5 years later. At 140,000 I replaced the clutch. At 170,000 it runs perfect.

Pretty good
By AJ91 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

For a car that was so cheap new, it has been awfuly good. Not once have I been to the mechanic for unscheduled maintenance. BUT- it does get very musty and gross in wet weather, at 110000 miles after being taken care of excellently, it is definitely falling apart. But i cannot complain that i have never spent a cent fixing the car i paid under $7k for 11 years ago.

The best car I have ever owned.
By Juancho on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this bare bones model because as a student, I could not afford any other new car in the market that I could trust. I felt confident that by buying a new Toyota I should not have to worry about expensive fixes for the next five years (enough time to finish college and get a paying job). I finish five years of engineering school, a two year masters degree program, and started to work before the car ever saw a mechanic. It has been eleven years now and the car has now endured a wife and two kids. It still runs great!