1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
My 1st Car
By brianab on 08/03/12 11:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car of last year so I can go back and fourth to school. I love this car. It was great on gas, and fun to drive. When I bought it, the previous owner had already painted it red and silver (red, the original color, on top, and silver on the bottom). It was an automatic.

Wow, Tercel was the best in 1991
By Leroy on 01/02/10 07:31 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had a great experience owning a slightly used 1991 toyota tercel. Never a problem with it it just keep on rolling down the freeway. at 143,000 miles I became skittish and traded in for an American model boy was that a mistake. I wish I still owned it it was a great commuter with 32 mpg for 5 years.

I love my tercel
By kat on 06/13/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new and now it has 128,000 miles. It starts everyday, except when I leave the lights on. The only mechanical issue now is that my A/C is 99% gone and I don't know how much it will cost. This car has been superb for 17 years-I got my moneys worth a long time ago. My next car will be a Toyota

I love this Toyota
By E Ulery on 06/29/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have driven this car for 14 years. It runs today just like it did when I purchased it. I think the up keep has been average for any car I have no complaints. My next car will definitely be a Toyota.

By 91 Tercel coupe on 05/11/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many vehicles in my 31 years. Vans, trucks, Suv's and even Motorcycles. This 2 door gas annihilator has been the best, most reliable car I have ever had the pleasure to own. With ridiculous gas prices, my wife drives 45 miles round trip daily on just over 1 gallon of fuel. The best fuel economy we have tracked was 42 miles to the highway gallon. This is the 2 door automatic with air. We were able to achieve this unheard of mileage in the spring time when A/C is not neccesary. Time to sell our plymouth Neon and get another one of these awesome Toyota's. BOTTOM LINE I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS VEHICLE. We're over 200,000 and climbing, with NO problems at all. Change your tming belts!!

Doesn't Get Any Better
By oggie3 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I'm an owner of a Cadillac Escalade. The reason I purchased the Tercel was to reduce the mileage on my Cadillac. This vehicle is extremely reliable. It is fun to drive and with over 123K miles I still get over 31mpg. It doesn't get any better than this. This car was built to run and boy does it run. Great second, third or any number you choose as an additional car. If you can get one, buy one.

Excellant running-rebuild engine-14000 m
By mijares on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

rebuilt engine with 14000 miles white in color no dents new tires automatic tranmission excellent enterior air condition

dependable car
By kautza on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a dependable vehicle that I used alternately with my teenagers (3 learned how to drive on this buggy). It's just now beginning to use oil with 145,000 miles on it. 30 mpg in town and 40+ on the road. No mechanical problems.

Outstanding "No Frills" Car
By joshcurley on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

My wife bought this car new in 1991. It is the most reliable car I have ever seen. Aside from normal maintenance, nothing went wrong until the exhaust system failed NJ emissions at 160K miles.

Excellent
By K D on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Tercel is a simple but so strong car. It is one of the most long lasting cars engineered by the japanese. it runs smoothly, and it runs forever.