Used 1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:

My 1st Car
By brianab

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car of last year so I can go back and fourth to school. I love this car. It was great on gas, and fun to drive. When I bought it, the previous owner had already painted it red and silver (red, the original color, on top, and silver on the bottom). It was an automatic.

Don't really have a favorite feature, just was a great car.

None at all. Car went out on me this year. It had about 200, 000 miles already on it when I bought it.

Wow, Tercel was the best in 1991
By Leroy

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had a great experience owning a slightly used 1991 toyota tercel. Never a problem with it it just keep on rolling down the freeway. at 143,000 miles I became skittish and traded in for an American model boy was that a mistake. I wish I still owned it it was a great commuter with 32 mpg for 5 years.

engine reliability on base model. $ spped manual

Five speed manual on DX. AC should on base models. better paint seems toyotas paint didn't hold up well in the Midwest winter.

I love my tercel
By kat

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new and now it has 128,000 miles. It starts everyday, except when I leave the lights on. The only mechanical issue now is that my A/C is 99% gone and I don't know how much it will cost. This car has been superb for 17 years-I got my moneys worth a long time ago. My next car will be a Toyota

Size, gas mileage, bucket seats

Wish list: drink cup holder and power windows.

I love this Toyota
By E Ulery

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have driven this car for 14 years. It runs today just like it did when I purchased it. I think the up keep has been average for any car I have no complaints. My next car will definitely be a Toyota.

Economy and not at all complicated

By 91 Tercel coupe

1991 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many vehicles in my 31 years. Vans, trucks, Suv's and even Motorcycles. This 2 door gas annihilator has been the best, most reliable car I have ever had the pleasure to own. With ridiculous gas prices, my wife drives 45 miles round trip daily on just over 1 gallon of fuel. The best fuel economy we have tracked was 42 miles to the highway gallon. This is the 2 door automatic with air. We were able to achieve this unheard of mileage in the spring time when A/C is not neccesary. Time to sell our plymouth Neon and get another one of these awesome Toyota's. BOTTOM LINE I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS VEHICLE. We're over 200,000 and climbing, with NO problems at all. Change your tming belts!!

Air conditioning blows ice cold on the very hot summer days. The fuel economy is unreal!

A few more features, like CD player, cruise control, etc....