1991 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
My 1st Car
By brianab on 08/03/12 11:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car of last year so I can go back and fourth to school. I love this car. It was great on gas, and fun to drive. When I bought it, the previous owner had already painted it red and silver (red, the original color, on top, and silver on the bottom). It was an automatic.

I love my tercel
By kat on 06/13/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new and now it has 128,000 miles. It starts everyday, except when I leave the lights on. The only mechanical issue now is that my A/C is 99% gone and I don't know how much it will cost. This car has been superb for 17 years-I got my moneys worth a long time ago. My next car will be a Toyota

I love this Toyota
By E Ulery on 06/29/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I have driven this car for 14 years. It runs today just like it did when I purchased it. I think the up keep has been average for any car I have no complaints. My next car will definitely be a Toyota.

By 91 Tercel coupe on 05/11/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many vehicles in my 31 years. Vans, trucks, Suv's and even Motorcycles. This 2 door gas annihilator has been the best, most reliable car I have ever had the pleasure to own. With ridiculous gas prices, my wife drives 45 miles round trip daily on just over 1 gallon of fuel. The best fuel economy we have tracked was 42 miles to the highway gallon. This is the 2 door automatic with air. We were able to achieve this unheard of mileage in the spring time when A/C is not neccesary. Time to sell our plymouth Neon and get another one of these awesome Toyota's. BOTTOM LINE I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS VEHICLE. We're over 200,000 and climbing, with NO problems at all. Change your tming belts!!

Excellant running-rebuild engine-14000 m
By mijares on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

rebuilt engine with 14000 miles white in color no dents new tires automatic tranmission excellent enterior air condition

Outstanding "No Frills" Car
By joshcurley on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

My wife bought this car new in 1991. It is the most reliable car I have ever seen. Aside from normal maintenance, nothing went wrong until the exhaust system failed NJ emissions at 160K miles.

Excellent
By K D on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

Tercel is a simple but so strong car. It is one of the most long lasting cars engineered by the japanese. it runs smoothly, and it runs forever.

Great little car
By qualityhound on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

This is a wonderful car! No major mechanical problems. Good power - I have a manual transmission, and was able to drive between 80 and 95 mph from Denver up to Vail for skiing. Gets good gas mileage, averages 37 mpg. The only problem I had was with the blue paint chipping off the car. It was a defective paint job. Still the best car I ever owned!!!

reliable no frills
By Zig on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

Have had my Tercel for five years with almost zero trips to the mechanic. Its peppy and easy to drive. The only problem I've had is with the AC. I replaced several of the major parts and it still does not blow cold air.

I love my 'peppy' little Tercel!
By Tom Palmer on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Tercel back in 1996 with about 40,000 miles on it. It never saw a shop until this year (2002) and only to replace the starter, and the AC. It is zipping past 130,000 miles with no major problems. It never lets me down.