1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Zippy and Fun
By Sue on 02/07/10 15:28 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback EZ 2dr Hatchback

My aunt gave me this car 3 years ago. this car is a great commuter car : I drive 140 highway miles round trip, it gets great gas mileage and I regularly go 70mph. Its a fun zippy little thing and its very responsive. No rust, no maintenance issues. It won't win any beauty contests, but it is so reliable and fun to drive.

Good car
By Italianprincess on 10/12/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have a 1988 Toyota Tercel with 80,000 miles. Thing runs beautiful. Little bit of an oil leak but what do you expect for a 20 yr old car. Just had a tune up but no major problems.

Never Quits
By rtreviewing on 09/06/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback EZ 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car when it was already 11 years old and with about 70K miles on it. I kept it for 6 years and put another 30K miles on it. When I parted with it, it was still going very strong. The car had zero problems. Besides routine maintenance, once in a while I did have to replace a part. But that's once in a long while. In the six years I owned it, I might have put in $500 to $600 in maintenance and repairs, and I don't even do the oil changes myself.

Super-Car
By Mihai on 09/15/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best I've ever had. I abused it in every possible way. Almost never breaks and when it does it's dirt cheap to fix. Tires are $15 new or $6 used. Changed the brakes for $40 at a mechanic. Can't ask for more. You can take it anywhere - even off road. We took it to Oregon and drove 200 miles on unpaved roads and then back to California. Lookwise it's not the best, but I took it to over 50 dates and I've been far more succesfull [weeding out the bad girls] then when I was driving a gas-guzzler money-eater Pontiac. Toyota costs 9.5 cents/mile for gas, insurance, repairs and loss in car value (including one accident) during my ownership. Pontiac was 37 cents/mile, no accident.

The car that would not die
By Tom-AZ on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

We had this car for 10 years, we rarely changed the oil, yet nothign ever went wrong over 10 years. That is simply amazing. Besides wear of tires, brakes, and the seats, this car is indestructible.

Great Car
By goombah on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback EZ 2dr Hatchback

This car is indestructible...I highly recommend it as your beater second car. Just be sure the boddy is solid.

elvis tarcel
By elvis on 03/03/02 02:04 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Tercel Hatchback EZ 2dr Hatchback

good vehicle. never stopped me