2016 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Quality, Looks and Performance are the reasons
By David Croy

2016 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this truck. So much that I drove 225 miles to buy it for $1,800 less than any deal I could find locally. And the dealer was willing to go out of his way to trade for the exact truck available in the color combination and options that I wanted. This truck drives and performs even better than I expected. The aggressive styling of Tacoma's 4 door Access Cab are absolutely the top of the class

Dont believe the haters
By Scott B

2016 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tacoma is the best mid-size truck going and it rides and drives much better than the 2005-2015! Fuel economy is much improved. My older (2013) 4.0 L sucked the gas and the interior was uncomfortable. This truck feels like a Lexus! Pulls my Ranger Bass boat with ease and hits the trails in our hunting property with authority. The older truck is just that....older. The newer Atkinson Cycle motor is awesome! Handling is much improved. Buy the truck! You can believe this review, I've driven Tacomas since they were Hilux's!

"BEWARE" OF THE 2016 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD
By Robert in Richmond, VA

Take it from someone who has owned Toyota trucks since the mid 80's, the 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road is the "WORST" truck I've ever owned. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought this truck. I wish I would have read the reviews from previous buyers before assuming this was going to be another Toyota quality vehicle and that was not the case. If you are reading this post "before" you purchase this truck, I would advise you to 1st, not buy this truck. But, if you are interested in buying this truck I would recommend you to "test drive" the truck a lot before buying it. Even if you have to go to several different dealerships. I don't even have 2,500 miles on my truck & planning on selling or trading it before the first 5,000 mile service. I have never been more disappointed in the truck and in the lack of help from the dealership that I bought it from. The only people that could honestly give this truck a 5 Star Review, would be the salesmen.

2nd Tacoma
By Alan Straight

2016 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Tacoma. We purchased the Tacoma S Access cab w/4cld. My last Tacoma was an '08 work truck reg cab. Although our new Tacoma is the base truck it comes with many good features standard. We really like how it steers, rides and seems roomy to us. I've heard people complain about the low seats and no pwr seats but this doesn't seem like a problem to us. I'm 5''9 and she is 5''2. Truck sits high so I added the 5'' round, alum. step rails for her. My truck came with all season fitted mats and a pin stripe, (not on the invoice). This truck is bigger than the old one and I worried about the 4 not having enough power? I drove it on the Interstate and up the mountain (I-40) to Asheville. I think the 6 speed transmision and ect button makes a difference. It won't snap your head back and younger people might want to feel more power from a 6cyl. Also, I must tell you I'm not towing or hauling any thing. One complaint on the base model which seems strange to me is no intermittent wipers and no key entrance on the passenger side. Odd, as the truck has so many other good features standard. I could do without the camera mount on the inside of the windshield as I'm not off roading this truck. Like the interior. Eight air bags, six speakers, good storage. Instrumentation simple and well placed. The materials used seem good quality. The doors seem solid and the paint and exterior fit is good. Everything works and I've not had any squeaks, rattles or anything I've had to take it back to the dealer for repair. I've already had a number of favorable comments from others. As I may have stated, We're older(68) and pretty easy on a vehicle. As our second vehicle, I feel we were placed in the correct truck for us. P.S. we garage our vehicles so if you do too, you might want to take it home to see if it fits in the garage. All in all, we're very happy with our truck.

Tacoma SR best for the price
By Chuck

2016 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck for 8 months I find that the overall construction is excellent, styling is great. The main concerns I have is that I got the 4- cylinder and it is under-powered for this truck,even with the 5-speed manual transmission.The other thing is the squeaky clutch pedal. I would buy another Tacoma in the future and would still get the SR or SR5 but with the 6-cylinder and 6-speed manual transmission.