2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best Toyota I've owned
By Ken Warlick

2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several Toyotas over the years. I'm impressed with this one. Mine is 2wd SR5. First of all if you get 4 cyl, remember it's a 4 cyl, not a V-6! I'm getting 28mpg hwy with 15" go-cart wheels. The 4 cyl is quite impressive though. The only complaints I have would be the cheap looking steel wheels, and the sound system. To Toyota's defense, I must admit I went for economy price. In that respect, if I wanted larger wheels and sound, I could have bought the pre runner. Very satisfied at nearly 2 year point! Would buy one again.

Foglight issue.
By Keith S

2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Tacoma And I am very satisfied so far. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the only time I can use the foglights is with the headlights on. It would be nice to put on the foglights by themselves. or along with the daytime running lights. This is the only thing that I don't like about the truck.

shudder @ 40mph.....poor engineering
By Don Finn

2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Engine lugs and shudders at 35-45 mph, Toyota will do nothing for you. They state truck performs as designed.

I4 Tacoma2015 4by4
By jo23

2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck and fun to drive on and even better off roading. The dependability of this truck is the best in its class. This truck is great due to its simplicity of design. They sale more and last longer for a reason. If you want a truck with more interior gadgets then look at ford or chevy. If you want a serious offroad truck that is above the rest in dependability buy a tacoma. You will be glad you did in the short and diffenatially in the long term. This truck is funtional for off roading and on. This truck will easily go 250000 plus mile with normal care. Ask yourself how tacomas you see that have been on the road used and heavily still going with normal maintenace.

Four wheel drive. Higher factory lift compared to others in its class. Simplicity of the design. The feel of the drive. Easy parking, tight turning radius. Factory bed liner, anchor points.

Honestly have none really. Maybe have seats a little higher, and improve mpg. Mpg will go for all midsize trucks. Cant speak for other truck seats.

Sound System
By mzorn229

2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ETune system might sound better if they didn't remove the rear Access door speakers. I have owned five [5] other Tacomas and this is by far the worst sounding radio I have had in any of them.
They took out the rear [Access] door speakers and replaced them with two tweeters in the headliner over your head. There is very little bass when you fade to the rear you need to turn up the volume all the way to even here them. I showed this to the dealer and they are helping me with Toyota to see if they will exchange the inside door panels from an older model, which will fit, that have the perforations for the speaker sound to enter the cab.
I will take care of putting in the speakers.

Put in the rear speakers like my 2006 had.