Used 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Used 2014 Truck
By Philip ma

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect Truck For Me
By toyotatacofan

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

TRD Sport package...perfect. I don't do crazy "off roading." But I do go off pavement in the mountains and/or hunting lease. I don't pull trailers or haul heavy loads, but I do occasionally carry bulky stuff like firewood (1/2 cord) furniture, or yard stuff (fertilizer, mulch, etc). I LOVE this truck...it's perfect. 4WD is perfect in "bad" weather like mud/snow/ice. Never been stuck or even thought about it. A little tight with two adults in front and two car seats in back, but very manageable. Engine has adequate umph, but I wish it had more (of course). Stock tires were underwhelming so I changed to BFG KO2's...which hurt the MPG a little. I get 17 MPG (mostly city). The build is solid. Doesn't feel "plasticy" like Chevy Colorado. Reliability is great...I'm easy on the miles, but I've never had to put a wrench to it, only scheduled maintenance.

*** UPDATE - Still perfect truck. 28K miles - runs better now than when I bought it. Love the Blue Tooth/iPhone and iTunes compatibility. Wish list: 1) quieter - but I added off-road tires. 2) really don't care for the "weather app." I really prefer an on-board thermometer. 3) moon roof. 4) better MPG...I don't put many miles and I cost myself some mileage with the off-road tires. But I still wish it got more. 5) TRD super-charger - Toyota discontinued these. I know there are other aftermarket S/C's. But I want Toyota. I think that aftermarket kills the warranty? 6) push button start. 7) auto rear sliding window 8) leather heated seats.

Bottom Line - I love it and would totally buy it again. I think the '16's might have addressed these issues. But I like the looks of my '14 over the new Tacomas.

Great Truck
By rolexman

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at 4 different trucks. This one stands out as the best built, greatest value.

Navigation, bluetooth

Can't believe you still have to use a key. Get up to date with push button ignition.