2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Perfect Truck For Me
By toyotatacofan

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got TRD Sport package...perfect. I don't do crazy "off roading." But I do go off pavement in the mountains and/or hunting lease. I don't "haul loads" but I do occasionally carry stuff like firewood (1/2 cord fits perfectly) or bulky things like furniture. I LOVE this truck...it's perfect. 4WD is perfect in bad (good) weather like mud/snow/ice. Never been stuck or even thought about it. A little tight with two adults in front and two car seats in back, but very manageable. Engine has more than enough power. 17 MPG (mostly city) which I don't complain about. The build is solid...shifter, knobs feel good. Doesn't feel "plasticy" like Chevy Colorado. Reliability is great.

4WD, good clearance, capable engine w/ great acceleration. Love the instrumentation, lighting and the solid feel of the steering wheel and ride. Plenty of HP for my needs. iPhone/iTunes blue tooth is great. (I didn't get fancy navigation package). I love the simple sliding back window.

Stock tires are cheap...I changed to BFG's. MPG could be better. But I get 17 in the city with BFG off-road tires, so no real complaint there. I don't the like "weather app" feature. Toyota had it right before with a thermometer on truck with outside temp displayed in overhead console. Antenna was too tall for our garage so I got one at the dealership that is about half as tall and does just fine (that should be the stock antenna). Toyota should offer key chain remote starter option.

Great Truck
By rolexman

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at 4 different trucks. This one stands out as the best built, greatest value.

Navigation, bluetooth

Can't believe you still have to use a key. Get up to date with push button ignition.