Used 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Perfect Truck For Me
By toyotatacofan

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

TRD Sport package...perfect. I don't do crazy "off roading." But I do go off pavement in the mountains and/or hunting lease. I don't "haul loads" but I do occasionally carry stuff like firewood (1/2 cord fits perfectly) or bulky things like furniture. I LOVE this truck...it's perfect. 4WD is perfect in bad (good) weather like mud/snow/ice. Never been stuck or even thought about it. A little tight with two adults in front and two car seats in back, but very manageable. Engine has more than enough power. 17 MPG (mostly city) which I don't complain about. The build is solid...shifter, knobs feel good. Doesn't feel "plasticy" like Chevy Colorado. Reliability is great.

*** UPDATE - Still perfect truck. 24K miles - runs better now than when I bought it. Love the Blue Tooth/iPhone and iTunes compatibility. Wish list: 1) quieter - but I added off-road tires...so that is a little on me. 2) no "weather app"...prefer the normal thermometer. 3) moon roof. 4) better MPG...I don't put many miles per year, but 15/18 is what I get...wish I got more.
Bottom Line - I love it and would totally buy it again. The '16's might have addressed these issues. But I like the looks of my '14 over the new Tacomas.

Great Truck
By rolexman

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at 4 different trucks. This one stands out as the best built, greatest value.

Navigation, bluetooth

Can't believe you still have to use a key. Get up to date with push button ignition.