2014 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Perfect Truck For Me
By toyotatacofan

2014 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got TRD Sport package...perfect. I don't do crazy "off roading." But I do go off pavement in the mountains and/or hunting lease. I don't "haul loads" but I do occasionally carry stuff like firewood (1/2 cord fits perfectly) or bulky things like furniture. I LOVE this truck...it's perfect. 4WD is perfect in bad (good) weather like mud/snow/ice. Never been stuck or even thought about it. A little tight with two adults in front and two car seats in back, but very manageable. Engine has more than enough power. 17 MPG (mostly city) which I don't complain about. The build is solid...shifter, knobs feel good. Doesn't feel "plasticy" like Chevy Colorado. Reliability is great.

4WD, good clearance, capable engine w/ great acceleration. Love the instrumentation, lighting and the solid feel of the steering wheel and ride. Plenty of HP for my needs. iPhone/iTunes blue tooth is great. (I didn't get fancy navigation package). I love the simple sliding back window.

Stock tires are cheap...I changed to BFG's. MPG could be better. But I get 17 in the city with BFG off-road tires, so no real complaint there. I don't the like "weather app" feature. Toyota had it right before with a thermometer on truck with outside temp displayed in overhead console. Antenna was too tall for our garage so I got one at the dealership that is about half as tall and does just fine (that should be the stock antenna). Toyota should offer key chain remote starter option.

Interior Comfort and Design -- So Disappointed
By michellemc

2014 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my new 2014 Toyota Tacome V6 w/ Tow Pckg in April of this year. Been on a few trips this year. Getting a new vehicle was huge for me, of my own, as was getting a truck! I love love love having my own truck. And I have loved Toyotas in the past. So my heartbreak is quite profound regarding my experience. Interior comfort is horrible. The design of the seats is such that it makes a person hunch forward, and this cannot be alleviated with raising or lowering the headrest, or by adjusting the lumbar knob which really doesn't do much besides adjust the firmness of the seat behind your lower back. After 2.5 hours on the road, my back was screaming in pain. After 7, in tears.

Things that make it a truck.

Change the seat ergo design. Also, the airodynamics (sp?) around the vehicle. You cannot drive with the windows open without getting blasted in the ear with wind and your hair blown into your eyes. Improve the interior carpeting and how it's adhered or fastened to the interior. Using plastic tags/staples isn't very quality. Also, there's a "step" of unknown value installed in the forward left corner of the driver's foot space. This came dislodged within a week. !! Heartbreaking experience.

best truck ive driven
By catianelite

2014 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

ive had the truck for a month and a half now and just had my first oil change and so far I love it the ride is amazing soft but it is not bad when I had to go on some bumpy roads quiet on the freeway and im impressed with the engine the 2.7 has the power to merge even with cargo but great on gas too if you don't need the V6 go for the 4cyl its a great little engine nice sound system too I was impressed

how the little 2.7 gets up and goes and how I fill up only once a week or less awesome ride great on the freeway in which im on 80% of the time and its got a good sound when you punch it to merge

not many cons but I guess the brakes can be just a tad bit firmer but other then that its fine I love my tacoma

BEST TRUCK FOR THE MONEY
By bajataco

2014 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 of the the Tacoma product as well as an FJ and a Land Cruiser. I looked at all the choices out there when it came to spending approx $40,000 on a new vehicle. I ended up wiht a 2014 Tacoma TX Baja Access Cab in white. $37,605++ This truck is a whole lot of bang for the buck. The ergonomics are very well thought out from a drivers perspective. The seating is very non fatiguing on trips. The footprint is really what attracted me to this again as its a truck you can hop in and park anywhere, even a Trader Joes parking lot. You can also find and access a whole lot of trails a full size truck can not. the weight is such that you wil not get bogged down off road. TX Baja = Smiles

The build quality is true Toyata fair! I can see why the resale value is so high on these trucks.

more horsepower and better fuel economy. We all want this dont we?

Great Truck
By rolexman

2014 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at 4 different trucks. This one stands out as the best built, greatest value.

Navigation, bluetooth

Can't believe you still have to use a key. Get up to date with push button ignition.

• SUV