2013 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Too many quirks

2013 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Too many quirks
By markymarc on

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I find it hard to believe how many people have blind loyalty to these trucks. There are countless issues with them if you just look them up on forums and blogs. I have most of the problems people complain about: Drive line vibrations, brake shutter, wheel shutter, loud dashboard creaks and rattles. The whole truck shakes like crazy when I try to accelerate hard from a dead stop. The engine is chirping like there's a belt problem. The valves clatter when the water temp is cold. I practically have to wait for the water temp to get to normal running level before it stops. I love the truck and I want to keep it forever, but I get the feeling it either won't hold up or I'll grow to resent it.

good looking inside and out. comfortable, quite ride, but a bit too firm for me. most room in the back seat of any compact/mid size truck. Feels like a truck should in general. there's no denying it's practically a half ton pick up just like it's big brother the tundra, only in a smaller package. The four cyl has remarkable torque at low rpm so you don't sense a sluggish engine. However, you will notice after flooring it there's not much left to it. Positively economical for a real truck. I average 19/20 city and 22/23 hwy. Stereo sounds fantastic and the blue tooth works great. I wish the 4cyl had a five speed auto. The gears are very tall from stop.

five speed auto trans, direct injection to futher improve fuel economy and power. Full size trucks are already catching up to the eco ratings of this p/u. refine the fit and finish. I expected no rattles and noises from a Toyota. Clean up the engine compartment. Looks like someone installed the engine in their backyard. tape holding ends of wire looms flopping everywhere, exposed wires at plug ends and just a general sloppy appearance. I expected more. I've seen better from kia and mitsu.