2013 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Manual Clutch Wore Out at 6000

2013 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Manual Clutch Wore Out at 6000 Miles!
By driver882 on

2013 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Takoma, purchased new 3 months ago, has 6250 miles on it. The dealer (Ourisman Chantilly Toyota) tells me that the clutch is completely worn down. I have driven manuals for years and am certainly not hard on the clutch, nor do I "ride" the clutch. It is hard to rebut the conclusion that this is somehow my fault and the clutch is excluded from every warranty, even the fancy "Auto4Life" service contract and the "Carefree Car Protection Service Contract". The repair will cost more than $2,000. I submit that this is a mechanical problem reflective of the truck.

Nice look and handling

More reliable manual clutch
By manning4
on 02/01/14 11:59 AM (PST)

Earlier editions of this model were notorious for their clutch problems. Many were even bought back under state lemon laws. Do a little research, and complain to Toyota. It worked for me!

By tacomamudpit
on 02/12/14 09:15 AM (PST)

Wow, I would think a 2.7L 4cyl 5M - would go a 100K or better on a stock clutch. I have friend he has I think a 2000 TRD V6 - 5 speed, 115K and still original clutch and he pulls a small boat during fishing season. These 2014 trucks are are very dated for styling, Horrid Fuel Economy (V6) by competitor standards, Very dated 5 speed automatics (competitors running 6, 7 and even 8 speed auto's, Dodge has a 9 speed coming out). Lets us hope Toyota has some serious power train revisions, better MPG, Better styling, etc for 2015.