48,478 of 48,563 people found this review helpful
OVERATED!
By soreknees on
2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
most uncomfortable truck i've ever owned. The driver's seat is so poorly designed I can hardly walk when I leave the truck after 30 minutes of driving. Miss my chevy silverado crew cab. The dealership was terrible, didn't even offer to demonstrate the vehicle after the purchase. Just handed me the keys and walked away. (Smithtown Toyota, NY). I had to go find the truck myself. The truck is overpriced to begin with which explains the higher resale price. After driving full sized silverados with every option available for almost the same price, I was amazed that so few comfort and convenience options are available for these trucks i.e. power leather heated seats, climate control.
Favorite Features
3 front cup holders, storage
Suggested Improvements
upgrade styling, Truck is 5 years behind on styling. Alloy wheel Style is dated. Beefier tires on the prerunner SR5 package Redisign front seats for comfort. More comfort options.
Recommend (48,478) (85)
By bart25
on 03/20/13 16:26 PM (PDT)

Thank You for giving an HONEST review! I too own a 2011 Tacoma and I agree with you 100% The people that own the Tacoma are like a brainwashed cult,, they attack you when you say anything bad about it,,, my 2011 is rusted out and the dealer left me high and dry, gas mileage isn't any better than the average full size pickup, and you can't haul or tow with it! Its a SUV with a small bed,, you're much better off with a full size pickup.

By harrison11
on 03/30/13 04:30 AM (PDT)

I don't understand why you didn't stick with the Chevy. You should have noticed any lack of "comfort and convenience options" during the test drive. On the other hand, $30K gets you a 2013 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 with towing package. Chevy Crew, with similar, is $40K.

By zx10rrider
on 04/08/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

What did you expect? You test drove the Tacoma? You agreed on a price (to high or not) at the dealer? Half your review is bashing the dealer, nothing to do with the vehicle review. Sounds like you made your own bed here. I bought a 13 Tacoma dbl cab recently. Test drove it, and haggled for a great price before buying. There is no perfect truck out there, and the Tacoma is far from perfect. But what the Tacoma does it meet my needs. It's the best mid sized truck out there. If you regret the purchase, sell/trade the Tacoma, go back to GM or whatever.

By joeguy
on 03/18/14 05:57 AM (PDT)

Not true. This truck is intended for comfort; not extended work performance. If you are a cement contractor; get a Tundra deluxe of RAM hemi. For a mid sized truck; the only one comparable is a GMC Canyon; and I prefer the Tacoma TRD sport. I love the water resistant seats; a big step up from the standard Tacoma. This is not a Silverado All Star or F150 limited, which are beautiful, but much pricier trucks. Don't forget- they have much bigger gas tanks. I believe Toyota has cut very few corners in building this truck. It depends on your purposes.