Solid medium size truck
By zx10rrider on
2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
No Tacoma "Fan Boy" here. This is my first Toyota vehicle and there have been no surprises so far. The 2013 Tacoma has been what a truck this size should be. Powerful, quite, smooth at highway speeds. It does have a firm ride thanks to the TRD off road pkg. I am 6'1" and the cab had plenty of room in the front and rear seats. Parking this truck is no major chore with the short bed. I paid $500 below invoice or $30180 before TTL fees. Overall I am very happy with this truck.
Favorite Features
Stereo sounds basic, but the display is nice and linked to my BT phone easy. This is a off road machine, lots 4x4 features. Rear back up camera is very helpful, composite bed is great, and the bed rail system is useful. Lots of storage space under and behind the rear passenger seats. V6 engine is smooth and powerful. The 5 speed auto is smooth also. Plenty of leg room up front and cup holders galore. Temp and direction is nicely placed in rear view mirror. Beefy BFG tires are smooth on the freeway. Tacoma comes with 2 year or 25,000 free scheduled maintanance and roadside assistance. Truck takes reg unleaded fuel or 85 octane in the alt I live.
Suggested Improvements
There are no locks on the glove box, center console or tailgate. No bed light on rear cab. Adding SAT radio can be done but is expensive. outside door handles or feel cheap. The steering wheel column does not extend out far enough.