2013 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Perfect dad truck!
By rayrn87 on 03/19/13 21:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck!! Legendary reliability and resale value is ridiculously high! I have a v6 tx edition pre runner double cab so it has a tough rugged look. Cant even count how many compliments Ive gotten on how badass the truck looks, I had a crewmax tundra and the taco is much easier to maneuver and more comfortable to drive daily, although the interior is smaller, my 2 kids and the wife fit comfortably. My only regret is not getting the 4x4 but I'm not much of an offroader. I mainly use the vehicle to drive to work , plenty of stop n go lights but gas mileage is decent and you don't notice the meter move unlike full size trucks.

4x2 Double Cab PreRunner V6 (5 Speed Automatic)
By ginflorida on 02/06/13 00:51 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving BMWs for quite a awhile but my wife and I entered the home renovation phase that required multiple trips to Lowes/HomeDepot and similar stores. The day I had to pay a guy with a truck $20 to assist me with delivering some drywall was the day I knew we needed a truck in our household. Not a BMW but for a mid-size truck, comfortable and agile enough to move around town without mowing everyone down. I purchased a special 'demo' version that contains almost every accessory available and it's a sharp looking vehicle. My wife, kids and even the dogs seem to enjoy it. I feel good that I don't have to worry tearing up $60K plus vehicles while renovating our home.

Best truck made for an outdoor a couple
By heli_mhunter on 01/18/13 20:35 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the TRD access cab. My wife and I like to bike and canoe. This truck fits our lifestyle perfectly. I had a 4 door tundra (too big and looked and operated clumsy). The Tacoma however, looks incredible and feels and handles very smooth. I park it in the garage and just look at it. I would highly recommend.

26,550 of 26,634 people found this review helpful
OVERATED!
By soreknees on 12/10/12 18:39 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

most uncomfortable truck i've ever owned. The driver's seat is so poorly designed I can hardly walk when I leave the truck after 30 minutes of driving. Miss my chevy silverado crew cab. The dealership was terrible, didn't even offer to demonstrate the vehicle after the purchase. Just handed me the keys and walked away. (Smithtown Toyota, NY). I had to go find the truck myself. The truck is overpriced to begin with which explains the higher resale price. After driving full sized silverados with every option available for almost the same price, I was amazed that so few comfort and convenience options are available for these trucks i.e. power leather heated seats, climate control.

Former Ford Guy, Turned to Tacoma
By trophyf1 on 11/15/12 16:04 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have only owned Rangers and F150s my whole life. Its 2012 and Ford no longer makes the Ranger nor did they ever offer a 4 cyl double cab. I turned to Toyota due to claims of reliability and the size of the Tacoma. Its the perfect size. Bought the Double cab prerunner with the 4 cyl motor and LOVE it. Plenty of power to get around. MPG is right on EPA estimates which I cant say about my F150. So far have averaged 21.4MPG with heavy city driving. The build quality is great as are numerous features of the truck. It looks tough and sits high which I like for visibility.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Tacoma in VA is:

$126 per month*