Used 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Awesome
By Sully

2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic
By Randy

2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have owned. I drive a lot of miles each year plus tow a 3000lb camper very frequently. This truck has not let me down at all. I love the comfort and style. The navigation works flawlessly and the JBL stereo is very nice. I have driven this truck through all types of climate and coast to coast and not experienced a single problem. This truck brings me joy just to get in and drive it. I simply love my Tacoma.

Good/Safe/Reliable
By Ron

Had a '14 4cyl. Tacoma access cab that I hit/bounced off a bridge 2 X at 70 MPH all bags (except passenger - no passenger) went off. It was totaled but crumpled as designed and trans/engine went into pavement as designed. It saved my life and no injuries. Replaced it with this '13 pre runner with a 4.0 six cyl. Get real avg. 20 MPG. Installed a Firestone rear airbag kit and the ride improved dramatically carrying 10 psi. with no load. I am an old guy and do not race around but plenty of power for me. We have had a 4runner, Landcruiser and several older off road junk tacomas. They all did their job and lasted if maintained.

2013 trd sport
By joeguy

2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

bought it certified pre owned; with 13k miles, and 100k warranty, saved 30%. mine is not a 4x4; but, I'm not an off roader. No, it isn't a Tundra deluxe, but I like it. very comfortable ride; better than an SUV, great truck for those who want the best of both worlds. I don't do much hauling; if you want heavy duty, look for a Tundra, but for every day family use and utility; this is great.

air blows cold, sound system very good, but I hardly use it. I like to hear what's going on outside. comfortable v6 ride. plenty of storage; beats an SUV. Aluminum engine very pretty.

Truck shifts down automatically when you release the gas pedal. hard to coast. not my favorite feature. transmission is a little punchy; could use a tad more torque, would be perfect. certainly not a v8- but an improvement over 4 banger.

only owned it for a month
By happy163

2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my BMW for this truck and what a difference. I know I can't compare apples to oranges but basic things that were lacking in a 2013 model really irritated me. For instance I drove from California to the NW and on the way encountered cold weather, the side mirrors would fog up and there weren't any defrosters to clear this up. Also, the gas mileage was awful. This truck doesn't have a very strong engine. The standard sound system was ok but could be improved. The gearing on the manual transmission was very hard to shift. i guess it would be good as a hauling vehicle for short trips but other than that definitely not a daily commuter.

Nifty hooks and connectors in the bed of the truck. Nice clearance, good that it takes regular gas.

Trip computer with instant MPG and trip mileage traveled and miles to empty tank. better seats and more seat positions to include tilt. Steering wheel was not good for telescopic steering. Driving position too high.

• SUV