Used 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Hard to beat Toyota longevity and resale value!
By Redman

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd new and only have two complaints. First the brakes are grabby sometimes at start up during cold weather. I plan on upgrading the brakes with quality drilled and slotted rotors with premium brake pads soon. Second when in 4wd low there is an alarm that goes off the entire time you have 4wd low selected. Very annoying! The truck is very off road capable and in my opinion the off road version rates up there with the Jeep Rubicon! I really love this truck and get a lot of compliments on it. My wife has a 2016 Limited 4runner and the brakes are perfect on it so Toyota has improved them. We have owned several makes and models and have had the best service with Toyota brands! The last four Toyota vehicles we have owned and sold over the years we made money on or got what we paid for them minus basic maintenance costs. We take very good care of our vehicles and have not had any trouble selling our previous used Toyota's! We live in a mountainous area and all the bear hunters use Toyota Tacoma 4wd trucks due to their bullet proof reliability and go any where abilities even with 300k miles on them! Take care of them and they will last! If I could have only one truck it would be a Toyota with out a doubt! We work hard for our money and want a trouble free vehicle that is still worth something in ten years. Toyota has proven to us to be reliable trouble free vehicles especially the Tacoma's and 4Runners!

only owned it for a month
By happy163

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my BMW for this truck and what a difference. I know I can't compare apples to oranges but basic things that were lacking in a 2013 model really irritated me. For instance I drove from California to the NW and on the way encountered cold weather, the side mirrors would fog up and there weren't any defrosters to clear this up. Also, the gas mileage was awful. This truck doesn't have a very strong engine. The standard sound system was ok but could be improved. The gearing on the manual transmission was very hard to shift. i guess it would be good as a hauling vehicle for short trips but other than that definitely not a daily commuter.

Nifty hooks and connectors in the bed of the truck. Nice clearance, good that it takes regular gas.

Trip computer with instant MPG and trip mileage traveled and miles to empty tank. better seats and more seat positions to include tilt. Steering wheel was not good for telescopic steering. Driving position too high.