Used 2013 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Perfect dad truck!
By rayrn87

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck!! Legendary reliability and resale value is ridiculously high! I have a v6 tx edition pre runner double cab so it has a tough rugged look. Cant even count how many compliments Ive gotten on how badass the truck looks, I had a crewmax tundra and the taco is much easier to maneuver and more comfortable to drive daily, although the interior is smaller, my 2 kids and the wife fit comfortably. My only regret is not getting the 4x4 but I'm not much of an offroader. I mainly use the vehicle to drive to work , plenty of stop n go lights but gas mileage is decent and you don't notice the meter move unlike full size trucks.

The rugged brawny look with the TX edition wheels, integrated backup camera with a Bluetooth audio screen

Not much to gripe about but if i had to then More interior space, a lock for the tailgate! But most tacoma buyers know what they are in for and are usually pleased with this truck in the long run!

Retired Tacoma Owner
By fairmont79

2013 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I recently replaced my 1997 T100 SR5 with the access cab Tacoma. I had well over 200,000 on the T100. I figured the Tacoma would serve me well also. I ordered the 4cyl Base Access Cab with the SR5 Package. The milage for the first month has been 24.6 - 25 MPG. The fit and finish is excellent, Millage is where it is advertised, and performance with the 4 cyl. has exceeded my expectations. I like the rear view camera, makes hooking up my small trailer a snap! I have a single axle trailer that I use to pull my Arctic Cat Prowler around with. The trailer loaded weighs about 1700 lbs., I have not had any problems to date. I'd purchase the same truck again!

Rear Cab Doors, Ease of Maintenance, Interior features and layout. Bed Tie Down rail, Bed Protectors top of bed rail.

V6 available in base model

Awesome
By cisrab

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned jeeps, wranglers and cherokees. This Tacoma with the TRD off road package, supercharger, and Baja suspension is a much better vehicle then the jeeps. Much more reliable and excellent off road. Will it mach a Rubicon no, but it will hang with it. The truck is much more reliable and comfortable on the road then a rubicon. Toyota's dependability is unmatched.

Locker, Toyota's A-Trac, versatility, TRD performance parts.

2013 trd sport
By joeguy

2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

bought it certified pre owned; with 13k miles, and 100k warranty, saved 30%. mine is not a 4x4; but, I'm not an off roader. No, it isn't a Tundra deluxe, but I like it. very comfortable ride; better than an SUV, great truck for those who want the best of both worlds. I don't do much hauling; if you want heavy duty, look for a Tundra, but for every day family use and utility; this is great.

air blows cold, sound system very good, but I hardly use it. I like to hear what's going on outside. comfortable v6 ride. plenty of storage; beats an SUV. Aluminum engine very pretty.

Truck shifts down automatically when you release the gas pedal. hard to coast. not my favorite feature. transmission is a little punchy; could use a tad more torque, would be perfect. certainly not a v8- but an improvement over 4 banger.

Best truck made for an outdoor a couple
By heli_mhunter

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the TRD access cab. My wife and I like to bike and canoe. This truck fits our lifestyle perfectly. I had a 4 door tundra (too big and looked and operated clumsy). The Tacoma however, looks incredible and feels and handles very smooth. I park it in the garage and just look at it. I would highly recommend.

The truck just looks TOUGH. thinking about getting some accessories now (Nerf and Bull bars)

Get rid of cheap looking things. Toyota needs to replace the hood prop rod and install cylinders. Storage compartment doors need to be heavier duty.