2012 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Great for the casual truck use

2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Great for the casual truck user.
By jrliegl on

2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a casual truck user, meaning I do haul trailers, dirt bikes, quads, mulch, and the occasional camper. It stands up to every task I ask of it, and it takes me to and from work daily as well. The camper shell on the back smoothes out the truck feel of the empty bed. It's just enough weight to make it go down the road very comfortably full or empty.

I love the new touch screen radio and how easily it sync's to my iphone. I was not an instant believer in the plastic bed but it has held up to my demands with no wear of visible damage. I kind of like it now, I don't worry about the metal bed under it rotting out from a liner rubbing.

Offer a diesel. I would love to see this offered in a diesel. Trucks are for work, and diesel engines put out plenty of torque to get it done. With all the advancements in the diesel world, I think we (USA) are ready to give them a second chance. Open the options a little, I wish I could get the sport package and the baha package both.