2012 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Rookie Truck Owner

2012 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Rookie Truck Owner
By truckrookie on

2012 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought (and reviewed on here) my 2009 Audi TT Convertible which has been and continues to be a blast. At 85K miles, I decided to let it be my weekend car and get a truck for the first time. I had always been in love with Tacomas. This October I got a 2012 Pre-Runner Xtra Cab and couldn't be happier. The interior has been upgraded and has a stylish, sporty feel. There is plenty of storage and plenty of room without feeling like you are driving in the middle of a cavern. The 4 CYL engine definitely provides enough power, and the Pre-Runner look gives the appearance of a 4x4 without the drawbacks on MPG.

Everything: The look, power, style, MPG

I had to add a couple of after-market upgrades which enhanced the look and wish Toyota would just include them especially in an upgraded model like the Pre-Runner SR5 package. I added chrome tube steps which not only look good; they also really assist people in entering and leaving the elevated cabin. Fog lamps--Toyota mysteriously has holes for them but don't offer them as an accessory on this model. OK.....