Great Midsized Truck
By truklvr on
2012 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I traded my 2003 Tacoma regular cab at 210000 miles with no problems and still running strong. I always like the styling of the 2005's and was glad that the restyling of the new 2012 was suttle. It has a nice smooth ride, handles very well and is more spacious than my previous truck. It has adequate power, easy to handle and a nice turning radius for easy parking. I checked out the Nissan Frontier, also a nice truck but the turning radius was very wide and not available in a regular cab. The new gauge cluster lighting on my new Tacoma is very cool. I never did care for the all orange lighting on the previous models but that's a matter of personal opinion. I plan on keeping it for many years.
Favorite Features
The look. Smooth ride and great handling especially considering it's a truck. Tight turning radius. Day time running lights with nicely appointed gauges and lighting. Many standard safety features.
Suggested Improvements
The basic bare bones models are not available with larger alloy wheels. The standard 15" steel wheels appear to be a bit dinky. Also no power windows are available for those rare occasions for me wanting to roll down the windows on the passenger side. Gas mileage is not bad but not really good for a 4 cyl. The camery V6 has higher ratings from what I've read. These are suggestions I could deal with and if the reliability continues I will continue to be satisfied.