Great looking, fun to drive, and very reliable
By sellisd77 on
2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my '12 Tacoma in December of '11 with the Sports upgrade package and ETune system. With 24k miles to date, I haven't had even the slightest of issues and I've put it through quite a bit. Blue Tooth hooks up to my iPhone in seconds. The stereo and sub are awesome. 4x4 cuts through mud and snow without hesitation. Gas mileage is average if you don't have a lead foot. Still enjoy driving it. Handles exceptionally well for a pick-up and acceleration is surprising. Everything feels tight and well placed for easy adjustments and/or after market additions. The bed liner is great and storage will surprise you. I've had GM's all my life and I won't go back.
Favorite Features
E-Tune System, camera, 4x4, overall look (Black with Scoop and Sports Package), drive-ability, tightness in controls, surprising storage space under seat and in bed, 400W AC outlet, ease of adding aftermarket parts, e.g. nerf bars, bull bar, etc., 13 cup holders, USB port, hands free ability, etc. The full cab has plenty of room for three full size adults and the child safety seat hooks make bringing the family along much easier. The overall look and feel of this truck is just awesome. We've been on several long driving drips through the highest mountain peaks and the lowest drivable riverbeds and easily towed a 6k lb boat with little stress. City and country truck that won't disappoint.
Suggested Improvements
There is no tailgate lock which you will need to purchase and install if you are concerned about tailgate theft. Fairly easy to install for the weekend mechanic, but those not mechanically inclined should hire someone to install it. For taller individuals like myself (6'-3" 245lbs), the seat height is a bit too high and was initially uncomfortable until I finally found the sweet spot. Lastly, they could have had more back lit switch panels which is a pain when learning the vehicle's options, but it will come natural over time. All minor issues in my opinion.