2012 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Supercharged, 2012 Tacoma Spor

2012 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Supercharged, 2012 Tacoma Sport 4x4
By cansa on

2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Blue 2012 Tacoma Sport 4x4 with the Sport upgrade package that gives you Bilstein shocks, and 18in chrome wheels. After 4k miles I added the supercharger and TRD exhaust. As warned the supercharger does whine on acceleration but settles out on the highway. Dead stop 0-60 times are 6.4 but the real performance enhancement is the 60-80 MPH response. Prior to the supercharger and exhaust being installed I got at best 19.5 -21.1 MPG on the Highway and 14-16 combined. Now I get 21.5 to 22 highway and 18 combined. I strongly suggest getting both the supercharger and exhaust as they really up the performance and gas mileage. The truck rides nice and manuevers in town well.

Size, ease of driving, ENTUNE navigation and Apps. Performance with Supercharger and TRD exhaust is worth the $$ if you can afford it. Love the blue color with chrome running boards, chrome bull nose. Added a "Undercover" tonneau too.

Drivers seat is uncomfortable and not easy to set up to find a good driving position. Long trips leave me with a back ache. For the price this truck should have a higher end electric seat. Although I love the truck I think Toyota should bring to America the Hilux that they sell in Mexico and other countries. It's smaller, rock solid build and has a diesel.