Perfect Midsized Pickup
By everrigged on
2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my Double Cab TRD Off-Road in early December. I had done tons of research on Edmunds.com as well as many other review and rating sites. This truck has been a perfect fit for me. I do not drive it daily as I have a work truck. When I get in it and take it for a drive it is always a fun experience. The ride is comfortable for being a pickup truck. The bed is on the small side, but if I wanted a full size I would have bought one. It really is just an all around versatile vehicle. I am getting an average of 17.92MPG. So it's not too bad. Driving it for an extended period of time isn't uncomfortable. I really do love this truck.
Favorite Features
I love the TRD Off-Road package. It gives me awesome control of the vehicle, but allows me to just drive it and not worry if I want to. The rear seats are pretty comfortable. The new style grill and headlights are really a subtle but big improvement for me. Power everything, storage compartments everywhere, very good driving position.
Suggested Improvements
There are only a few things that I would like but aren't game changers by FAR. Heated mirrors, heated windshield wipers, and heated seats. As well as power seats. A sunroof would be nice. The biggest thing for me is the stereo system. Upgrading to the JBL didn't seem like a good value so I opted out of that option. All of these improvements are just luxuries and completely unnecessary.