2011 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Love it!

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Love it!
By Bean on

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disclosure - I won't buy American. I have owned 2 Rangers, many SUVs, but this is my 1st Tacoma. I LOVE IT!!! This is a daily driver/commuter for me not a work/ranch truck, but I may do light off-roading (hunt/camp). I got the TRD Sport Package w/ JBL - it's perfect (I didn't need JBL, not a "stereo guy" but it is nice.) The ride feels high and solid. I wanted a truck (not a car) so I love the truck feel. The long wheel base and curb weight make for a smooth ride. I don't understand the "road noise" complaint - mine is V-6 & perfectly quiet at 75 mph. Brakes could be better, but no complaint.

4WD, solid feel, ground clearance, cozy cab, excellent build quality, tons of storage nooks, manufacturer recommends regular unleaded gas (not premium).

Better brakes, on-board computer in the overhead console, USB adapter for iphone and ipod. It is perfect as is, maybe that is why there have been no significant changes since 1995.