Exactly what I needed.
By gardnetm on
2011 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased my Tacoma about a week ago, so I can't really speak for the reliability of the vehicle yet, but so far I'm still looking for every excuse possible to drive it. I was looking for a compact (a relative term in the truck market today) pickup mostly for my short commute to work and for the occasional weekend trips to Ikea. I don't have a big budget or a need for excessive features in a vehicle. I just need an inexpensive, reliable, versatile vehicle that'll keep up with me and this truck fits the bill perfectly.
Favorite Features
A/C system takes the cab from 100 degrees to Igloo in about 20 seconds. Very good turning radius. 21.1 gallon tank means I have to fill up about every month and a half with my driving habits. I can feel most bumps in the road, but even at highway speeds, nothing is ever harsh. The ride is very smooth and very comfortable. The truck also rides high enough to give me a commanding view of the road without being unnecessarily bulky or hard to maneuver. Also, the sturdy composite material that the bed is made out of relieves any need for an additional Rhino lining or similar.
Suggested Improvements
For the 2x4 Regular cab, I'd like better seating options (40/60 bench would be nice). I'd also like a little more room behind the seats for storing something more than a few sheets of paper. Better gas mileage is always wanted. While this model is equal to or better than most of its competitors, I still feel like the 4cyl, 2x4 model should get better than ~21 combined after so many model iterations. Also, how about someone tries to bring back the actual "compact" pickup again!? Until that happens, I'll continue to enjoy this truck.