Best truck ever!
By itsmatthew on
2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have been shopping around for a new truck for over a year now. I have test drove and researched every single one and this is by far the best truck out there. I was initially looking for a full size for my 4 kids but with the double cab, their carseats fit with ease. The interior is very nice and the seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. If you are going to get it I would highly recommended the TRD Sport package, because it handles like no other. As far as reliability, I can't speak on that for this one (2011), but I did have a 2000 Tacoma for 12 years and it was bullet proof, nothing but normal maintenance until the 125,000 mile spot.
Favorite Features
TRD SPort package (fantastic handling), can make a u-turn effortlessley now, could not do this in my 2000 Tacoma. Seats are incredibly comfortable. Tons of room in double cab Bedliner with rail system is very nice Sport package makes the truck look great. Nice storage under the seats
Suggested Improvements
Radio is a little quiet if you don't have the JBL upgrade. Engine ticks a little at idle and during initial acceleration but this is normal to the upgraded vvti design and makes the performance way better than past models. (don't hear the tick, always driving with radio on).
By bart25
on 11/25/11 01:36 AM (PST)

I have the same truck, 4 door TRD Sport Package, except its a manual 6 speed, to me it feels unstable on the open highway at high speeds (70 mph), maybe I am asking too much for that race-performance car feel from a pickup truck.