2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Manual Off-Road
By Tran on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My truck is 8 weeks old Tacoma. The truck is beautiful but I'm having problem with the engine. I would call it raving problem. The bad thing is it does not happen all the time. Sometimes, when the truck is in neutral, the RPM is jumping up and down between 1 and 2000 rpm. The engine also roars. There is no pattern of when and how it happens. I took it to the dealer and they said the computer chip did not register any problem.. I start feeling regret that I bought it and will be stuck with the problem for a while. With all the negative publicity, I thought Toyota would care enough to have a better quality control.Does anyone out there have the same problem?

Love it!
By Bean on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disclosure - I won't buy American. I have owned 2 Rangers, many SUVs, but this is my 1st Tacoma. I LOVE IT!!! This is a daily driver/commuter for me not a work/ranch truck, but I may do light off-roading (hunt/camp). I got the TRD Sport Package w/ JBL - it's perfect (I didn't need JBL, not a "stereo guy" but it is nice.) The ride feels high and solid. I wanted a truck (not a car) so I love the truck feel. The long wheel base and curb weight make for a smooth ride. I don't understand the "road noise" complaint - mine is V-6 & perfectly quiet at 75 mph. Brakes could be better, but no complaint.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double-cab in WA is:

$135 per month*