Used 2011 Toyota Tacoma Base Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Absolute Garbage!
By mongre

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have now owned 4 Toyotas. Excluding a late 80s base model Tacoma, this is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I will be slow to purchase a Toyota again. Cheap materials, cramped and awkward interior, an endless supply of mechanical failures. I am happy to say goodbye. I spent hours haggling over the Cruise Control failing at 70. Toyota made every excuse yet blamed me & the terrain (small incline). 1 engine out of 12 takes synthetic. Of course my dealership filled it with standard and replaced it so the engine could sound like a VW bug for a while. Two...yes TWO rear bearings, a differential and a front strut later and this has been in the shop more than my last 3 cars combined!

I purchased the vehicle because of the resale rates. Plain and simple i needed an efficient truck to haul things now and again, and do light duty work. The truck looks nice on the interior at first glance but you quickly realize everything is plastic. This truck fulfilled my desire as one would expect any pickup would. That's about where my fondness ends.

Make a decent vehicle, Toyota. You're slipping in to the mentality that quality doesn't matter. While i can actually lean against this truck without it causing a huge dent in the panel, unlike my last Tacoma, i find this truck a far stretch from being a "quality" ride.

• Sedan