Used 2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

right for me
By dstretch

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2011 sr5 about a month ago. Did lots of previous research prior to buying it, fuel, reliability, pricing, etc. Month later, can't say enough of the Tacoma. Great mid size truck that stands up to all others with good gas mpg. Would highly recommend the Tacoma if your looking for a dependable mid size truck that delivers good fuel and pulling power for weekenders.

As trucks go, Tacoma is rated highly for its dependability. Time will tell

Absolute Garbage!
By mongre

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have now owned 4 Toyotas. Excluding a late 80s base model Tacoma, this is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I will be slow to purchase a Toyota again. Cheap materials, cramped and awkward interior, an endless supply of mechanical failures. I am happy to say goodbye. I spent hours haggling over the Cruise Control failing at 70. Toyota made every excuse yet blamed me & the terrain (small incline). 1 engine out of 12 takes synthetic. Of course my dealership filled it with standard and replaced it so the engine could sound like a VW bug for a while. Two...yes TWO rear bearings, a differential and a front strut later and this has been in the shop more than my last 3 cars combined!

I purchased the vehicle because of the resale rates. Plain and simple i needed an efficient truck to haul things now and again, and do light duty work. The truck looks nice on the interior at first glance but you quickly realize everything is plastic. This truck fulfilled my desire as one would expect any pickup would. That's about where my fondness ends.

Make a decent vehicle, Toyota. You're slipping in to the mentality that quality doesn't matter. While i can actually lean against this truck without it causing a huge dent in the panel, unlike my last Tacoma, i find this truck a far stretch from being a "quality" ride.

Great Truck
By sigjuliussen

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Love my truck, have had for 9,000 miles and I get 23 on highway and 18 in the city. Great off road. When towing a T@b trailer 1900 lbs need to down shift when going up Alaska mountains. If much heavier trailer I would suggest the V6. Pulls the T@b up mountains 65mph.

Off road, reliability

Better paint

tacoma
By azb3

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

2011 Tacoma 4x4 5 spd std. this is the cheapest truck I have ever owned you can't make it any cheaper it doesn't look like its built to last to me I see why all the frames on the older models rust out cheap metal 4 cyl. has no power clutch is weak it can't handle light work let alone heavy . the worst money I've ever spent, if you want a cheap truck and want to spend 26K than this is the truck for you.

none

Make a truck thats a truck for the price you charge

First time Toyota owner
By RRamirez

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota vehicle. I have owned Ford pick-up trucks for the last 15 years but my 2007 Sport-Trac was falling apart so I decided to try something else. I researched the Frontier and the Tacoma and test drove both. I went with the 2011 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 V6 Access Cab, and I'm glad I did. The Tacoma is definitely more fun to drive than any truck I previously owned. My first 2 weeks I put 1000 miles on the truck. I can't stop driving it! The interior feels "plush" like a car and it handles very refined for city or highway driving but over the hill-country here in Texas you know it's a truck because you can feel it pull it's way up the hills very easily.

Toyota quality. What a difference! I especially like the attention to detail such as the storage compartments both inside and outside the truck. The engine reminds me of my wife's Honda, very smooth and reliable.

Back seat could be better. It's ok for short trips but uncomfortable for long one's.