2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2011 Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Sort Reviews by

2011 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Manual Off-Road
By Tran

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My truck is 8 weeks old Tacoma. The truck is beautiful but I'm having problem with the engine. I would call it raving problem. The bad thing is it does not happen all the time. Sometimes, when the truck is in neutral, the RPM is jumping up and down between 1 and 2000 rpm. The engine also roars. There is no pattern of when and how it happens. I took it to the dealer and they said the computer chip did not register any problem.. I start feeling regret that I bought it and will be stuck with the problem for a while. With all the negative publicity, I thought Toyota would care enough to have a better quality control.Does anyone out there have the same problem?

Favorite Features

The truck exterior (paint, shape, and other features) is very beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota engineers should be serious about the quality of the engine. They should go back to the drawing board and really investigate the raving problem. They should take complains from customer seriously.

Love it!
By Bean

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disclosure - I won't buy American. I have owned 2 Rangers, many SUVs, but this is my 1st Tacoma. I LOVE IT!!! This is a daily driver/commuter for me not a work/ranch truck, but I may do light off-roading (hunt/camp). I got the TRD Sport Package w/ JBL - it's perfect (I didn't need JBL, not a "stereo guy" but it is nice.) The ride feels high and solid. I wanted a truck (not a car) so I love the truck feel. The long wheel base and curb weight make for a smooth ride. I don't understand the "road noise" complaint - mine is V-6 & perfectly quiet at 75 mph. Brakes could be better, but no complaint.

Favorite Features

4WD, solid feel, ground clearance, cozy cab, excellent build quality, tons of storage nooks, manufacturer recommends regular unleaded gas (not premium).

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes, on-board computer in the overhead console, USB adapter for iphone and ipod. It is perfect as is, maybe that is why there have been no significant changes since 1995.