2011 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
right for me
By dstretch on 05/08/14 23:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2011 sr5 about a month ago. Did lots of previous research prior to buying it, fuel, reliability, pricing, etc. Month later, can't say enough of the Tacoma. Great mid size truck that stands up to all others with good gas mpg. Would highly recommend the Tacoma if your looking for a dependable mid size truck that delivers good fuel and pulling power for weekenders.

2 year review
By billu88 on 08/22/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this vehicle for 2 years now and I'm very happy with it's style, performance and quality. I replaced a 2003 Tacoma extended cab with this 2011 double cab. The 6 foot bed is the only way to go. I have to back it into my garage because of the extra length but this is one option you should get if you are going to haul anything. Gas mileage is OK, not great but about 19 combined. Handling is good with great acceleration. Brakes are the worst part of this vehicle. I wish they would have changes to 4 wheel disk. The only other issues I have are: A clunk when I slow down and stop, and play in steering while going over bumps off road.

Absolute Garbage!
By mongre on 10/04/12 08:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have now owned 4 Toyotas. Excluding a late 80s base model Tacoma, this is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I will be slow to purchase a Toyota again. Cheap materials, cramped and awkward interior, an endless supply of mechanical failures. I am happy to say goodbye. I spent hours haggling over the Cruise Control failing at 70. Toyota made every excuse yet blamed me & the terrain (small incline). 1 engine out of 12 takes synthetic. Of course my dealership filled it with standard and replaced it so the engine could sound like a VW bug for a while. Two...yes TWO rear bearings, a differential and a front strut later and this has been in the shop more than my last 3 cars combined!

4 cylinder, 4x4 Tacoma with 4 speed automatic
By nedreck on 08/20/12 20:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the truck has been pretty good. The acceleration of the 4 cylinder in this model with the 4 wheel drive and 4 speed automatic transmission is poor, and fourth gear is way too high for this engine's modest power and torque level and the shift points are all wrong, in my opinion. It always starts and runs well for me, but the blower fan has been replaced twice under warranty.

Surprised by quality issues
By tdahl79 on 06/17/12 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband has a special place in his heart for the Toyota Tacoma, always has. We bought him his 2nd one, brand new only not long ago and now it has 7,000 mi. on it. It just started making an odd sound. We took in into the shop and were told that since the computer wasn't showing a code, they couldn't do anything. So, my husband looked at it at home and found that the fan shroud was rubbing. We it back up there & they decided this time they would actually look at it. They took it apart and found that the fan shroud was being affected by the radiator that was warped! Next, they found that all that was caused by a broken motor mount bolt. Week in the shop! We are not hard on vehicles.

SUV with a bed
By bart25 on 11/25/11 01:18 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Tacoma has its limitations, but going to a Tacoma from a full size Ford F-250 will take something to get used to. I purchaced it cause I was sick and tired of getting 11 mpg with my Ford. When picking out a new Tacoma the test ride in the automatic was totally unacceptable the way the transmission would constantly shift up and down everytime I touched the gas pedal so I was ready to walk away but the salesman said he had a 6 speed manual shift 4 door, but I said NO! no manual for me, so he insulted me saying I couldn't drive a manual, but when I took the manual for a ride I LOVED it and took it home.

Best truck ever!
By itsmatthew on 11/04/11 09:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been shopping around for a new truck for over a year now. I have test drove and researched every single one and this is by far the best truck out there. I was initially looking for a full size for my 4 kids but with the double cab, their carseats fit with ease. The interior is very nice and the seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. If you are going to get it I would highly recommended the TRD Sport package, because it handles like no other. As far as reliability, I can't speak on that for this one (2011), but I did have a 2000 Tacoma for 12 years and it was bullet proof, nothing but normal maintenance until the 125,000 mile spot.

love it
By rkirchoff on 09/15/11 05:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

lots of power, rides nice, corners great, gets 18.8mpg city/hwy so far.

Great Truck
By sigjuliussen on 08/04/11 23:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Love my truck, have had for 9,000 miles and I get 23 on highway and 18 in the city. Great off road. When towing a T@b trailer 1900 lbs need to down shift when going up Alaska mountains. If much heavier trailer I would suggest the V6. Pulls the T@b up mountains 65mph.

Exactly what I needed.
By gardnetm on 07/10/11 13:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tacoma about a week ago, so I can't really speak for the reliability of the vehicle yet, but so far I'm still looking for every excuse possible to drive it. I was looking for a compact (a relative term in the truck market today) pickup mostly for my short commute to work and for the occasional weekend trips to Ikea. I don't have a big budget or a need for excessive features in a vehicle. I just need an inexpensive, reliable, versatile vehicle that'll keep up with me and this truck fits the bill perfectly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Tacoma in VA is:

$120 per month*