2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Top of the Line

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Top of the Line
By Bill on

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota since a Corona station wagon back in the early 70's, and boy have things changed. It feels even more solid than the '94 Dakota it replaced, and it's at least twice as comfortable to drive. Haven't had the chance to put all the off road features through their paces yet, except for checking that everything works, but I already have some very interesting "roads" in mind to try it out on. The double cab configuration with the short bed is just about perfect for what I have in mind for it. Fuel economy is nothing to write home about, but for a truck this capable, it's not too shabby. Reliability remains to be seen, but Toyota's reputation is very high in that regard.

The TRD Off Road with towing package seems to provide about the optimum feature set for serious back-roading in the desert southwest. The only problem is that all the different traction options almost require a cheat-sheet to keep track of. I have yet to fill up all the storage compartments.

The transmission TSB for the 2009's needs to be extended to the 2010's also. My wife thinks it needs a 6-way power seat and adjustable pedals so she can drive it too (she's 5'2"), but I think it's fine the way it is :). A little less glare from the interior surfaces would be nice.