So far, so good!
By CBinSantaCruz on
2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased a 2WD 4 cyl 4 speed auto Toyota Tacoma in June of 2010. I've had this car for three months and have driven 7000 miles. I have two purposes for this truck. One is a daily commuter driving about 50 miles a day. The other is as my weekend warrior toy carrier mostly for car camping. As a commuter it works great. I get about 22 mpg in traffic going up a 4k ft mountain and back down the other side. As a weekend toy carrier it also performs well. I frequently drive on dirt roads and even with the 2wd it has performed well. I did get stuck in some sand once which made me want the 4wd. But I don't feel the extra money the 4wd costs is worth it for the type of driving I do.
Favorite Features
The cab is the biggest cab I have ever seen in a 2wd standard size truck and it is GREAT! The only draw back is I have "Roll your own" windows and it's hard to reach the passenger side window.
Suggested Improvements
Kind of a dog on steep hills. You will def want to upgrade the stereo. With the windows down you can't hear your music. Also cruise control is not an option so you have to get that installed after you buy it which is a pain. Also would like to have a back up camera option. But no biggie.