Second Toyota I'm owned
By Callie on
2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
Design changes with respect to my 2003 Toyota are great. The opposing rear doors to load items behind the seats is an excellent change. The tilt/telescoping steering wheel is not well engineered. I'm 6"4" and the steering wheel will not rise as high as my 2003 and my legs hit the steering when when I get into the driver's set. The other item that needs re-engineering is the overhead display of the temp/compass. It is dimmer than the clock and can't been seen during daylight driving very well. The gas tank door is another item that needs changing. My 2003 had a saw tooth device to attach the gas cap while fueling. The 2010 has nothing to hold the gas cap. Overall, I am well satisfied.
Favorite Features
Opposing rear doors in the extended cab, electrical outlet in the truck bed, composite truck bed, overhead temp/compass display.
Suggested Improvements
Increase brightness of overhead temp/compass, allow tilt/telescoping steering wheel to move higher, change radio display to orange color so it can be seen better and hide the sub-wolfer.