Prepare for TRACTION!
By ooch owwch on
2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I replaced a 1995 Nissan pickup. I love this truck for the styling. It is bigger than my Nissan and gets better gas mileage and they are both 4- cylinder engines. The SR5 Prerunner is great for its value and features except for the front seats. These things separate your spinal discs no matter how you adjust the lumbar support. Even turned all the way down to no lumbar hump it cripples you by the time you get to a destination of 15 mins or longer and I am not 70, I'm 43yrs old and fit. UGH! I love this truck too much to return or sell it but I wish I had known before hand. Anyone who says it is comfortable is not in the 5'8" range. I'm definitely going to have to spend the bucks on new seats
Favorite Features
Great styling, history of reliability, high road clearance, best gas mileage by current standards, love the hitch and light kit and don't mind buying the tongue to slide in it, love the access doors . Easy to throw stuff back there. Gives our 7 yr. old a place all to himself. He loves it.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the front bucket seats, this is a HUGE draw back! I can't stress this enough! You can't test drive one long enough to find out about it so sit in it with the air on for 15-20 minutes and see what happens when you get out, if you're of average height it is REALLY uncomfortable and it lasts.