2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Owned many Toyota's but this i

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

Owned many Toyota's but this is my last!
By jscott418 on

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to lease my Toyota and had all kinds of trouble with the dealer. It took 4 months to get plates, they messed up paper work and had to redo. They did not notify me of this. So its not been good. So now for the truck, its a DOG plain and simple. The 4 Cylinder engine has 30 less HP then my wife's RAV 4 which has a smaller 4 Cyl? The 4 speed trans is awful and when its in overdrive which happens way too soon I get a vibration because the RPM's are so low and the engine lugs. Who ever mated this engine with the transmission and programed it does not drive it! I have had trouble with a whine from the trans too but have not been to a dealer yet.

Nice center console, ride is relatively smooth for a small truck.

Poor radio reception in FM even with a cowl mount antenna, no heated outside mirrors, poor acceleration, transmissions shifts too early, noisy engine especially cold and accelerating. I have owned 8 Toyota's in my time and this is the worst I have ever experienced from Toyota.