Great Truck
By Smolenski7 on
2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
This is my first truck. I'm a teacher by trade, but do a lot of work around the house and my wife drives a minivan that I've "destroyed," so a pick up was a logical choice for me. I bought the Tacoma simply because it is the safest truck on the market today. Only the Tundra and Ridgeline compare. I also chose it because of the 6.1ft bed. I couldn't purchase a truck with a small bed. Didn't seem to make sense to me. The truck is quiet. In fact, it's so quiet and the ride is so smooth, that I don't notice how fast I'm going until I look down at the speedometer. The fit and finish is superb, no noises for me. The seats are comfortable, the steering is crisp, and the breaks are smooth.
Favorite Features
Size of bed, smooth ride, quiet, very safe. Toyota is supposed to be very reliable, I haven't had any problems yet.
Suggested Improvements
Tranny seems to hunt a bit. I've heard this complaint before. After breaking and slowing to about 10mph, the truck hesitates to find the right gear when the accelerator is pressed. As a result, the engine revs a bit until it finds the right gear. After that, it accelerates and drives beautifully.